My name is Jes, and I am a mountaineering junkie. Addicted To The Climb, I am spreading the natural contagious high that is the great outdoors.
Climbing mountains healed me and changed my perspective during some difficult times both mentally and physically. I spend much of my time paying them back for all they have given me. After experiencing some major health issues, logging way too many miles behind the wheel of a car and staying in way too many chain hotels I broke free and began to explore trails along my corporate travels.
After 15 years in professional sales consulting in the healthcare/medical device arena I resigned from my career on January 1st 2014. I took the leap from the corporate world to pursue my dreams of taking on the biggest summits life has to offer, teaching and informing the world of my transformation and inspiring people to get back to basics and get outdoors!
As I began to tell my story so many people were inspired by it and began sharing it. As a result I am so proud to be able to share this list of of the media channels and partnerships I have had the privilege to be part of:
- This is a testimonial I wrote that was featured on Robb Wolf the author of The Paleo Solution and explains some of my health struggles.
- I was interviewed and featured on GrindTV and Yahoo Sports explaining some major goals I set during my recovery.
- I was honored to be featured on a podcast called Inspiring Adventurer all the way from Germany! Julian Bittel is an excellent host and I was very proud of how this interview turned out.
- Teton Sports hosts the best chat room on Twitter called #HikerChat every friday at Noon EST. They also hosted a #HikerChat video segment featuring 5 big adventures including my recent Kilimanjaro climb!
- In Ice Axe We Trust is an excellent mountaineering podcast that I was a guest host on several times. We discussed Mt. Humphrey’s in Flagstaff, along with Part II Mt. Humphrey’s Winter Ascent, My climb of Kilimanjaro along with a follow up Q & A segment.
- I am a contributor and gear tester for Gumption Gear Review. We offer 3rd party real life reviews from athletes and adventurers that put gear from all segments of the outdoors to the Gumption team test.
- I am a contributor for Toyota Cruisers and Trucks Magazine featured in the lifestyle section reporting on adventures I take with my FJ Cruiser Moxie!
- I was part of an epic social media adventure called Hell Hike and Raft that took 12 bloggers to the rugged Seven Devil Mountains in Idaho where we backpacked then spent 5 days whitewater rafting the Snake River in Hell’s Canyon. This team will be together again in 2015 for another epic adventure.
- I was honored to be part of a very special team of marvel as a guide for The Foundation for Blind Children as we guided 12 visually impaired rafters and hikers of 5 days rafting the Upper Colorado River through The Grand Canyon and 1day hiking out on the 7.5 mile Bright Angel Trail in June of 2015.
- I began a new journey that tied the spirituality and connection with nature that I have gleaned during this journey, it is called SoulCare by CCC. I make hand crafted botanical body care, it’s a collection of functional nature inspired remedies. I also will be leading nature and yoga retreats called Soul Sessions starting in April of 2016.
This blog is my way to pay forward what I have been given, enlightenment. I invite you to share your experiences as I share mine and get inspired to feel the bliss that our heavenly earth has to offer.
I offer up humor, recipes, opinion, inspiration, research, trail reviews, adventure, bring in guests and do my best to keep you entertained and motivated and inspired!
I organize posts via these 3 Categories:
Nutrition talks about the Paleo lifestyle I follow due to my G.I. disease. I am a modern Cavewoman! I post recipes, tips, and other helpful hints to help you navigate and research the murky waters that we call nutrition.
Happy Trails shares trip reports and descriptions with photos of many of the trails I have done and can serve as a great start for trails you may be interested in. I am a native to and reside in the rugged desert mountains of Arizona. I summit in 110 degree heat in the summers, kayaking, canyoneering and exploring the rivers and lakes in the Southwest. I love to travel to the ocean looking for tame waves to surf. My winters are spent strapped on a snowboard or learning how to better carry an ice axe looking for more ways to self arrest and get snow tipped views from the mountains tops of the Western USA.
Musings share anything that involves keeping me on track for the physical and mental game called life. Here you will find motivation, inspiration and other helpful posts to help push you out of your comfort zone.
Connect with me on Social Media via the following channels and be sure to tag anything that challenges you in life with #AddictedToTheClimb
Thank you for visiting, staying, sharing, enjoying, laughing and living life with me.
Peace, Love & Dirt,
-Jes the “Chronic Climber Chick”
Blogger, Writer, Photographer, Mountaineer, Adventurer, Hiker, Guide, Gear Reviews, Tree Hugger, Alchemist
I am not a dietitian, nutritionist, or certified trainer. I am a normal, smart, professional Woman who is also an athlete. I was diagnosed with a very serious case of diverticulitis and within moments almost lost 60% of my G.I. tract due to it. Once in recovery to avoid surgery going forward I did a tremendous amount of research and adopted a Paleo lifestyle. The results I have personally seen and felt are worth sharing.
I am fortunate to have a network of professional athletes from many walks of life, nutritionists, trainers and other medical professionals to learn from. I am sharing my personal journey for those of you who experience similar types of health issues or are simply interested in the information I gather. I hope it encourages you and points you in the right direction to research further for your own personal well being.
For those of you who are looking to share in my relentless hiking passion, or those who simply enjoy learning about the things I come across I am happy to have you all along on this incredible ride!
The information contained on this web site is not to be considered a guide, instead it is my report of the trails I have done so that you may have a general idea of what to expect on the hikes. I take no responsibility nor assume liability for inaccuracies, errors, omission, or incompleteness of any information.
You are responsible for using your judgment in interpreting and using this information to safely enjoy your own outdoor pursuits. Each trail has its own potential hazards, each needs to be evaluated for each person based on that person’s personal fitness level and other considerations.
Boy Scouts motto: Be Prepared!!